Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Modern Quilt - Planning Process

Our guild has decided to do a group Quilt Along to 42 Quilts Modern Monday Quilt that Jennifer did as a QAL last year on her blog.  Its 64 modern/improv blocks all based off of traditional blocks.  Part of me is beyond excited and a huge part of me is terrified - improv means to wing it - I wing it lots but I usually have a clear plan of what I'm doing while I'm winging it! (its more of a controlled winging)  I think this will be a great project to help bust me out of my rut along with push me to try some totally new and very different techniques that I am NOT used to doing.  Its time to step outside the comfort zone and get it done!

I pulled some fabric from my stash and am about to get to work!



I'm thinking about calling this Quilt - Manic Monday but I might change the name as I go along.  Wish me luck!  This improv thing should be interesting.

Thanks for stopping by - see you soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...