Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013!!

Wow!! 2013 already - how amazing is that?!  Did you know that 2013 is the first time since 1987 that our year has all different digits?  I wish I could claim ownership of that little tidbit of information but I read it on the Apple Pie Patchwork blog.  ;) 

Last year was a whirlwind of babies, Disney World, camping, preschool, the start of Kindergarten, camping up a storm, some quilting, and a whole host of other stuff.  Some I blogged about, and others I didn't.  Hopefully this year I can actually get on the computer and get to blogging more in addition to actually quilting more. 

I did make a resolution to make and FINISH 5 quilts this year.  I started on my Hemming House fabric to make a quilt that I got from my friend a few months ago:


Its just a lap quilt but I fell in love with the fabric and I wanted to do something a little more modern with a more traditional fabric.  I still have a ton of HST to do but I thought I would lay what I had out and see how they all looked together. 

I also ordered some fabric online a few weeks ago (don't tell my husband, I'm pretty sure I did tell him that I bought more fabric but I can't remember.....shhhh, it will be our little secret) to make quilts for the girls when they move to bunk beds in a month or two.                

 
 
I still haven't found a pattern I like for both girls but they will be different mostly different patterns with possibly some pinwheel boarders to give the quilts some continuity in the room. 
 
In 2011 I made 102 blog entries and last year I did 110.  I'm hoping to get at least 150 in this year if not a LOT more, but 150 sounds attainable and I can live with attainable for now! 
 
Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...