Friday, August 24, 2012

Holy Crap, I quit my job today!

Wow, today marks the first day of the end of my Maternity Leave (we get a full year off for mat leave in Canada) and I'm quietly terrified and excited!  I let my work know that I will not be returning and everyone was very supportive which helped make the decision to not return easier.

One small part of me is totally going to miss the social interaction that comes with working in an office.  I had an AMAZING group of women that I worked with and I worked for a fantastic company with incredible benefits.  The other part of me - the 95% part - is so glad that I get to be at home with my kids.  I get to be the one to drop them off and pick them up from school (both kindergarden and preschool for the girls this year) and I get to experience Mr. C's 12-24 month old stage.  I missed that stage with both girls because I was working and they were both at dayhomes and its going to be so neat to see how much more growing he does in the next year - the girls too!

I know I am going to have periods of "OMG, what have I DONE?!?  How could I have quit my job to stay home with screaming little banshees" but I'm hoping those days will be far outnumbered by the awesome days like I am having so far with my kids today!!!

On a different note - it was Mr. C's first birthday yesterday!  We took the kids to Heritage Park and I managed to get a rare picture of me with all the kids - and they were even ALL looking at the camera which is a major bonus!



Thanks for checking in with me and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! There is nothing greater than being home with your children if you can be. Good for you and good for your kidlets :) Enjoy every minute....it goes by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...