Sunday, January 29, 2012

1/2 Way done the quilt top!

Its been a little over a week of working on the Eye Spy Quilt for my kids for a little bit here and there and I'm a little ore than 1/2 way done it!!  I'm planning on using all 120 quilt blocks that I got from the Eye Spy swap that I signed up for but I'm thinking that I'll use some of those blocks to piece the back and keep it interesting for the kids.

I'm super happy with it so far - the kids are going to love it!!!


Hopefully I'll be able to keep at it every night or every other night for the next week or two and have the quilt top done.  From there I'm not sure how I'm going to make the quilt sandwich since I don't have a space big enough to lay out the quit to pin it and I certainly don't have a big enough space to try out the spray glue technique that I've read about so I'm a little concerned this top is going to languish in the 'WIP' pile!   Time to start figuring that out since I REALLY want to get this quilt done and give it to my kids since they keep asking when the 'fun blanket' will be finished.

1 comment:

  1. That is going to be a great quilt! You will want to finish it. I made an I Spy quilt for my son a couple of years ago, when he was 3, and he is still in love with it and likes to sit and look at all of the diff. blocks every now and then. Can't wait to see it come together! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...